STAY COOL AND COMFORTABLE ALL YEAR LONG
There are numerous variables that could cause your AC to break down or simply not work as well as it once did. These include:
- Clogged or Leaking Condenser
- Improper Refrigerant Level
- Refrigerant Cross-Contamination
- Unresponsive Pressure Switches
- Damaged Compressor
- Clutch Problems
- Broken Belt
- Moisture and Debris-Ridden Filters
- Leaks in the AC System
- AC Control Head Malfunctions
Many times, diminished AC quality is due to low refrigerant levels. However, we will inspect your entire AC system to determine if low refrigerant is the only culprit, and offer cost-effective solutions if we find additional issues.
We do not recommend attempting to “recharge” your AC yourself with a DIY can from the store. Adding refrigerant unnecessarily or incorrectly can cause irreparable damage to your AC system.
Occasionally, your AC system will usually warn you when it’s struggling or about to fail.
- SOUND: IF YOUR AC IS MAKING UNUSUAL NOISES THROUGH THE VENTS OR UNDER THE HOOD, IT MAY BE FAILING.
- SMELL: IF YOUR VEHICLE HAS TAKEN ON AN UNEXPLAINED ODOR, IT COULD BE MORE THAN THE THREE-DAY OLD FAST FOOD OR USED GYM CLOTHES IN YOUR BACK SEAT. YOUR EVAPORATOR COULD BE FULL OF BACTERIA BUILD UP.
- FEELING: IF YOUR AC IS BLOWING INCONSISTENT TEMPERATURES, YOU COULD BE FACING BIGGER PROBLEMS WITH YOUR COMPRESSOR.
Let Christian Brothers Automotive Help
Mango Automotive is a full-service, locally-owned Albuquerque auto repair shop. And while we’re doing some things differently than most repair shops, we kept the important stuff that lets you know that you and your vehicle are in good hands.
You can trust our team of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Master Technicians who have over 150 years of collective experience. A NAPA AutoCar Center and AAA shop, we service domestic and foreign makes, gasoline, hybrid and electric vehicles and offer part and labor warranties on all of our products.